12 Feb 2010

1-table = 1 waste of time

Last night I had half an hour, or so, before needing to get ready for a dance class. So, as seems to be more common now, I logged into PokerStars looking for a quick game. I didn't have the patience for a cash game, so I checked out another 1-table SNG. Don't ask me why, but I chose the $1+0.15 'double or nothing'. It was a 10-seater game, where half the table double up

What a waste of time. All that effort into making a measly $0.85 profit*. I know, all profit is good profit, and maybe they're worth it at higher levels (a $50 table would net you $45 profit, after the rake), but for penny stakes like this... not doing that again.




*Yes, I did make the money. Not that it was hard against the half wits playing. In fact, you could, probably, sit out the whole thing and still make the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment