12 Jan 2010

...and so my first big tournament came to an end.

So, here I am in the PokerStars Sunday 1/4 Million, my first major tournament. I've just doubled up to $5,726 and knocked someone out. I've got a good 20 big blinds, or so, left and feeling confident. Next hand comes up and I'm in the big blind with A-hearts and Q-diamonds. From the cut-off Emily4 raises to $1k total. Everyone else mucks their hands, but not me. I have faith in my AQ off suit, and call the extra $750. The flop comes out;

[8S AH 8C]

Get in. Flopped top pair and got an extra pair of 8's to boot. No straight or flush draws on the board. This is looking good. I put in a bet of $1,350, just over the size of the pot. Emily4 calls instantly. Turn card next;

[6C]

That's an undercard. More good news for me. I ponder for a moment and decide to pull a little check-raise. Emily4 bets £3,250. That's nearly my whole stack, but this is the plan. I push all-in and get called. She, and I assume its a she from the name, turns over a pair of tens. Oh yes. I'm in front with only the river to come. Sweet lady river...

[10S]

...sweet lady river you can be such a bitch. Emily4 now has a full house, and there is me with a lowly 2 pairs of Aces and Eights. Thats me. Done. Finished. You have kicked me out in level 7, after just over an hour of play. I was so close too (actually I know I wasn't, seeing as the tourney went on for another 3 and a bit hours after I was so cruelly booted).

No comments:

Post a Comment